Thursday, February 6, 2014

What about Trevor??

September 24, 2013

I don't even know what to say. I'm just sitting here in the computer lab trying not to just sob. of all people why did that have to happen to him. I love him and I hope surgery goes well. You will have to find out a time that he can come say hello. I am just in shock. 

I'm sorry. I planned on giving you a good email. I just don't know what to say now. I'm just sitting here crying. It's not fair. 

This week was hard. It just seems like the mornings are really hard. I haven't felt like I belong here and it's just been really hard for me to learn. I feel like I have learned so much but then I try to teach and I feel like I don't know anything. I have had multiple times this week where I just wanted to give up and go home. I know that I can't. I know I am supposed to be here, but it's really hard.

I'm sorry to have a downer email. It's just been a really hard week.

I did have a really cool experience yesterday though.

We got 2 new "investigators" yesterday. We were studying the language and I was just having a really hard time focusing and learning. So I finally just stopped, bowed my head, and started praying. All I had said was,"our dear Heavenly Father, please." and I literally felt a surge through my entire body. Immediately after everything was silent, and heard 5 specific words. "YOU ARE ENDOWED WITH POWER." Honestly I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that means. But it was awesome.

I said goodbye to my boy John William Garrett on Sunday. He left yesterday for Buenos Aires Argentina. He lived on West Campus, so I only saw him twice the entire time I was here. But for the Sunday devotional a lot of that campus came to main campus. I saw him for the final time for a couple years and got a picture with him and sister Aubrey West who left for Tennessee yesterday. Ha. And I thought I was done with goodbyes. 

Tonight is the final MTC devotional in the Marriott Center, and yes, I am once again singing in the choir. I tell you what, the choir director is incredible. we are singing Nearer my God to thee. If you don't know what that Hymn is about, I encourage you to find out. It's about the birthright of Esau and his brother. I can't remember his name. But it's a good one. It's after he is shown his steps into Heaven.

Well I hope all is going well. Tell Big D and Grandma I say hello. 

Love, Elder Scott Jackson Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment