Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dia 111

December 30, 2013

Oi minha familia! Espero que voces ainda estao bom.

It was so good to see your ugly faces and hear your annoying voices again!! You all look so different. Not really. Only Annie. Which is weird. It hasn't even been 4 months but she looks so much bigger. And, no, YOU all look great. Especially Syd with her towel hair. #rockinit

That's right. I just put a hashtag in the email. What's up.

My Christmas with Sherman and the baptists was great!! We went to his family's house in Coolidge and they had good food!!



Woot!  Woot!  Christmas Eve set up.  Santa was good to me!



My Christmas loot!



I LOVE LEGOS!!



 My cute Christmas tree!


Sherman wanted to take a walk out into the desert so it was him, his wife, Elder Fenton, me and one Sister Bishop's sons. We walked out and were talking about the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We stayed away from the super big doctrinal differences and just talked about our Savior. It was awesome. We have a lunch with him tomorrow. A member from the Second ward wants to come. He's black and crazy. And awesome. And he took work off to be with Sherman tomorrow. I'm excited.

I'm so excited for Kenzie. But totally not fair. She's already in South America? What a ripoff. Actually, it's been good here in Arizona. I have learned a lot about myself and who I want to be. Not just as a missionary but as a person after. I have learned and seen a lot. It's crazy the things you learn on a mission. And It's incredible that I know I would not have learned these exact things in Brazil. I have things to learn in Brazil, but I guess not yet.

I'm glad y'all got some down time during the holidays. It's always nice to relax. Missionaries don't get that. We're hiking a mountain today. It's another small one. It's called Picacho Peak. The locals all talk about how big it is and I just laugh. HA. Hills.

It is ALWAYS a good time to be a fan of missionaries. Duh.

I don't even care about BYU right now. They're starting to disappoint me too much. But I still wear my BYU shirts with pride.

We don't really have any plans for New Year's eve! We have to be in an hour early and don't get to stay up! We have a few lessons Tuesday night so it's really just a normal day. Haha but I think we have been able to inspire people with New Year's even more than Christmas. We have used the Mormon Message, "New Year's: Look Not Behind Thee." It's about Lot's wife and not looking back. It has really helped people and we stress the moving forward with the Savior. It's great.

New Year's day we have a barbecue with one of our members and a couple other families. That will be fun.

I'm excited for my full year of service!! 2014!! 

I love you all!

Love, Elder Scott Jackson Taylor




Zone activity - bonfire on Christmas!





The house had a pink roping cow!  Nuff said!



No comments:

Post a Comment