Tuesday, February 18, 2014

It's about dang time!

February 3, 2014

Oi minha familia!

It's only been what?  5 years?  about dang time someone popped the question!

Haha.  I'm so happy for you two.  I would put Natalie on the family email, but not until June 14th!  Haha - just kidding.  I'll put her on here anyway.

Things are going well here in good old Casa Grande.  The work is picking up!  And it seems that we are finally starting and continuing to gain support and love from ward members and ward and stake leaders!  We had some great meetings with some Stake leaders on Sunday to discuss our ward and branch.  It was nice to finally see the trainings that are going on.  They are really emphasizing the teachings of the Prophets and Apostles and using the handbook.  There's been a lot of "traditions of fathers" when it comes to missionary work and that will change as the work continues to hasten.  I love this area!  The ward members are incredible!  They are so kind, and I'm so excited for them to participate in the work of salvation.

I don't get to go to the open house this week. :(  Next week!  We are going on the 13th.  I'm so excited!  Such a cool opportunity to go to this.  When they announced it to us and told us all the details clear back in November, I was like, "please, I'll be in Brazil and fluent by then."   apparently not!  Patience is a virtue.  I love the people here, though and I'm fine being here.

Trev and Nat are getting hitched!!! Did everything go smooth?  It better have, I prayed that it would It's crazy that it's actually happening.  5 years in the making.  I'm sad I can't be there.  So you better have cardboard cutouts of me!

So guess what??  I rode a pig on Saturday.  That was fun!  We were doing service as a zone for a lady in the Spanish Branch.  She lives on a farm and the own these MASSIVE pigs.  So of course me and my companion rode them.  And, of course, we have it on video. Haha!

So something really cool this week.  We've been really working and praying to find people who are ready.  We have people to teach, but it's been difficult to commit them to anything.  so, we fasted that the Lord would lead us to those who are ready. Well, after church, in comes one of our ward missionaries with a friend.  She told us she wants to turn her life around and knows that there is a higher power.  We bore testimony that God is our Heavenly Father and the Gospel will bless her life.  She was nearly in tears from simple testimony.  The spirit was super strong.  We have a lesson with her tonight.  I am so excited and thankful that Heavenly Father answers prayers.

Well, I hope all is well in Zion!  Ha!  So may Utah haters here.  So I always say I'm from 1 of 2 places.  The Promised Land. Or Zion.  They always just roll their eyes!

Eu amo voces!

Parabens irmao e irma futura!

Love, Elder Scott Jackson Taylor



The MASSIVE pigs!



Doin' some service!  We tore that trailer apart!



Probably my favorite picture. EVER.  
Little kids outside playing Pokemon - so I joined them!



No comments:

Post a Comment