Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Voyage

June 23, 2014

Well, sorry I am emailing so late today.  I had a long voyage.

So we got transfer calls on Friday!!  Elder Jackson....FOI!!! (that means I got transferred)  So today I was traveling ALL DAY.  Literally.

I am now in the city of Aracatuba.  In the area Boa Vista B.  Aracatuba is literally on the other side of the mission.  It's like getting transferred from Kaysville to St. George.  It was a bus ride of 7 hours.  SO LONG.  But I'm here and I'm alive.  so that's good.

My new companion is Elder J. Fernandez from Santiago, Chile. He has already been here is this area for 4 months.  but I am now the Senior companion for the first time in my mission.  There will be more info coming.  I just got here, so I don't know all that much.

AND I LEFT WITH A BAPTISM!

It was incredible.  We visited Josenita last Monday and she had had a wonderful experience.  she still wasn't quite sure about her baptism date, but she met a woman that said she should get baptized.  She doesn't know this woman, and neither do we.  But the baptism was fantastic.  She invited friends that we started to teach.  Elder Souza is still there and will train again.  I will miss Vila and Elder Souza, he was awesome.  But I'm excited for Aracatuba.

That's the big news.  Last week was really good.  I'm now in a new area and it doesn't feel real.  I'm really nervous right now.

And it's nice to know that Trev and Nat actually got married!!!  Mom, yes it was a little early, but we can get on the earliest at about 7:30 am Utah time.  So be ready by then.  Haha!

I hope you are all well.  I hope the honeymoon went well.

I love you all!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment