Monday, July 28, 2014

ARIZONA IS OFFICIALLY GONE!!!

July 21, 2014

So you see that Arizona is officially gone right?  That includes the MTC.  Why?  Because when I started my mission I was a certain weight.  Then I gained 30 pounds and was FAT.  And this week I weighed again, and it was exactly what I started with.  I love Brasil!!

Sounds like you all had a crazy week.  I'm glad that the reunion went well!  And the picture of Big D was the best.  Oh, how I miss my grandparents.  Really.  I lived with a missionary from Nephi and told him all about my Grandparents in Richfield.  And I tell everyone about my Grandma in Las Vegas.  And they all get really surprised when I say my Grandma lives in Vegas!

And, Abby Gibbs.  I'm a horrible friend.  I still haven't written her back.  but tell her good luck and giver her a big hug for me (because I'm still not allowed to do that.  ha)  But that's so cool.  she'll be an awesome missionary.  Tell Nat not to be too sad.  Ha.  She just got married!

This week was awesome.  The highlight was Aline and her daughter Luana, sadly Luana doesn't count numbers wise for us, but she counts in my mind.  Ha.  She turns 8 in two months.  So, Aline received some anti from her uncle who "read the Book of Mormon". Yes, I put quotations because it was a lie.  How do I know?  Because he said it's about the Devil and not about our Savior.  But she told us that she just got tired of him talking and tuned him out.  So that was good.  And guess what???  SHE FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!  And who was speaking?  That's right, the missionaries.  Want an awesome Sacrament meeting?  Ask the missionaries to speak.  Yep, I'm totally bragging right now.  Ha.  But seriously.  It was good.  We had a lesson with her last night to follow up on how Church was.  And SHE LOVED IT!!!  She talked about how she felt a peace that she hasn't felt for years.  so we read Galatians 5:22 and invited her to be baptized and I felt I should ask, "How long do you think it will be before you are prepared?"  AND SHE SAID SHE IS READY NOW.  So, she will be baptized THIS SUNDAY.  It was so awesome.  I'm so happy right now.

I also did something really cool this week.  I finished the book of Mormon for the first time in Portuguese.  Yep.  Cover to cover.  I decided once again to take  Mornoni's challenge and said a quick, personal and heartfelt prayer.  I've been feeling A LOT of anxiety lately, but after that prayer was the most calm I have felt on the mission.  It just felt like everything was right.  I know the Book of Mormon is true, because the peace that I feel now can only come from God.

I also said a prayer this morning.  And a couple day ago.  IN SPANISH!  Me and my Chilean companion switch every night between English and Spanish.  It's awesome.

We also had another awesome experience.  We had had a really tough time finding new investigators.  And until Saturday, we didn't have any this week.  We were knocking doors to say a prayer with people, but everyone was too busy...so we decided to say a prayer, and we asked specifically for a new investigator.  We passed 2 houses and decided to knock.  And we entered.  Said a prayer.  Taught a lesson.  And found 2 new investigators.  Prayer works.

I love you all and hope you have an incredible week.  I want you all to know that I know this church truly is the church of Jesus Christ.  The one and only.

Have a great week!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor


CHURRASCO!!
Holy cow the barbecue here is the best.  5 bucks for all this.  
I didn't eat it all.  2 of them were for my companion.  SO GOOD!!


The tags and the mission languages.
Elder Fernandez is a visa waiter for Equador.

No comments:

Post a Comment