Sunday, July 5, 2015

FELIZ PASCOA E ELE VIVE. and a BAPTISM!

April 6, 2015

Well folks, this week was quite the week.

Zone Conference, General Conference, Baptism, Easter, and today........HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes everyone.  My old man is 50 years old!!!!!!!!!!!  He's a geezer.  And I love him.  I really do love my old man, Jeffory Irl Taylor.  That is one good man.   I have never met anyone that quite equals him.  I read recently a story in the Liahona about how a guy was in the MTC with President Hinckley's grandson and how he visited him.  It gave the guy a chance to reflect and even though it wasn't Pres. Hinckley, he said he wouldn't trade his Grandpa for anyone.  That's how I feel about my old man.  I love my dad and I am so thankful for the example my parents have given me.  The way he treats my mom is a model for every man in the world.  I like to replace his name there for Moroni.  If every man were like Jeff Taylor, the very powers of Hell would have no power over the children of men.  I love you and miss you, Dad.  Tell Trev to give you two hugs, one from me.  (but it won't be too long before you get one from me!)

This week was awesome.  We had zone conference in Ribeirao Preto and it was really good.  President talked a lot about just doing the right thing.  It was very similar to the feeling of Uchtdorf's talk about worrying more about people than numbers and titles.  It was a real feel good moment.

Then, General conference.  I love General Conference.  That was my last General Conference as a missionary.  Next one, I'll be eating white chocolate covered pretzels on Sunday morning with M&M's.  And go to the conference center.  And eat out after Priesthood session with my Dad and brother for the first time in 4 years!  I loved Elder Pearson's talk.  He just straight told us how it is.  We can't just come back and dink around.  There is no time for that.  And all the talks about marriage.  Those were good.  Answered a lot of questions and helped me get my vision.  hahaha.  But not for another 4 months of course.

The even Saturday was awesome.  during the week, our investigator, Marcia was ad and had drinken coffee early in the week for the first time in over a week.  She had stopped and promised she would stop again.  But decided the baptism wouldn't be this week.  Well, we were actually fasting during that visit for her baptism on Saturday and I was a little disappointed and almost stopped the fast, but decided to keep going.  On Friday, we had a ward barbecue.  It was sooooo good.  Marcia went and had a really good time.  And on Friday night, we were having a lesson with her best friend, Bel, and we got a call from Marcia.  She said "I have some news.  You'll like it."  (She's kind of hard to understand though so I thought she said you won't like it. )  Then she said "I'm getting baptized on Saturday."  I didn't know if I heard right, haha.  So I put it on speaker and she said it again.  It was difficult cause we still had to do the interview and no one in the ward knew, but we got it all worked out and after the Saturday afternoon session, with a bunch of her family there that we will now teach, Marcia was baptized by Elder Yaple.  It was AWESOME!  it was the first baptism I've had in a while so I was so happy.  Elder Yaple leaves to Ribeirao Friday morning and to California on Monday, so it was good to end it with a Baptism.  It was awesome.

and, Happy Easter.  Or Feliz pascoa.  I know the Savior lives.  He is here to comfort us and bless us.  He lives for us.  He is here so that we can be happy.

I love you all, Love,
Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment