Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Beginning of the End

June 29, 2015

Holy Crazy!  It's now official.  today is the First day of my last transfer.  That's pretty crazy.  I'm just gonna go nuts and leave it all here this transfer.  It's like the 4th quarter.  Like the music we hear in the street says, "turn down for what?" haha

This week was crazy.  and super sad.

Monday:  We didn't really do a whole lot.  We just sent email and then we went home and relaxed and Elder Jake packed his bags.  The fun came a little later.  We have a really cool Recent Convert named Felipe.  He speaks English.  He was baptized about 7 or 8 months ago and we visit him every once in awhile.  We went to a restaurant called Pizzeiros.  It's a Rodizio de pizza.  (all you can eat pizza and they bring it to you).  They have a bunch of different flavors.  they bringthem around and ask if you want a piece.  Including a bunch of dessert pizzas.  Elder Jake and I ate 20 pieces of pizza each.  I don't know if Felipe ate that much, but he ate quite a few as well.  It was hard to sleep that night.  We had to go pregnant woman style and sleep on our sides and move around until we finally found a position that didn't hurt too much.
  haha It was so good!  Best normal:  Doritos Pizza.  Best Dessert:  Coconut and milk pizza.

Tuesday:
We had Zone Conference with the Ribeirao Preto West Zone.  It was really good.  President Brum told a little bit about his story after his baptism.  He was baptized at 9 years old with the rest of his family.  He studied in a military school.  He then entered into one of the top military school in Brasil.  Actually, THE top. ha.  He wanted to go on a mission, and received a letter and a visit from James E. Faust.  At the time, the Church wanted the few members they had in the armed forces to stay and preach there.  He was made basically a missionary at the academy and taught people there with others.  There were 4 of them that were missionaries.  3 are now General Authorities or Mission Presidents.  He then continued and later received a call from i believe it was Henry B. Eyring calling him as a mission president.  He gave up a big promotion in the army (He was already very high up) to come be a mission President.  We then talked of the importance of the Book of Mormon.  President read thescripture in Doctrine and Covenants about the new covenant of the Book of Mormon, and that if we don't use it in our every day lives, we will be responsible for it.
A couple from the ward then took us out to eat Coxinhas from a super famous spot in Ararquara.  It's famous in the entire country.  It's soooooo good.  Look up Coxinhas.  They are fantastic.  Ask Trev to make them!

The rest of the week was pretty normal.  just saying goodbye to all the recent converts and less actives and investigators.

Friday was so sad.  Elder Jake left with Elder Wood that night.  We went and visited Marcia and Bel to say goodbye and they both started crying.  We then visited Ana and Anne.. They both also started crying.  I almost even started crying.  Elder Jake has been my best companion and has become one of my best friends.  I'm thankful that The Lord gives us opportunities to meet people like that in our lives.  People that just make you better.  I learned a lot from him and we had a lot of fun and success.  He really taught me to grow up and to lighten up.  haha.  It really was awesome.  I've been sad the last few days because I just feel alone.  I've just been traveling between my area and Ala 3 here because we had to take care of both wards this weekend.  It's hard to be a Zone Leader alone.  I am really thankful for Elder Jake and the time I got to spend with him.

My new companion got here today!  His name is Elder Goes (said goys.  Like, rhymes with boys.)  He is from Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil!  The same city as my trainer Elder Souza.  He is from a different part though.  Manaus is huge.  So, I was "born" to someonefrom Manaus.  and now I will be "killed" by someone from Manaus.

I'm super excited for this transfer and keep praying for me!!!!!

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

Sorry about still no pictures!!!  I forgot my chord in the rush of transfers today!! I promise next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment