Tuesday, July 7, 2015

FELIZ DIA DAS MAES!!!!!!

May 11, 2015

It was fantastic to see your stinky little faces yesterday.  You all look so cute and good.  Good luck to Syd at Dugway today for her first day!  That's pretty cool.  I'm sure it'll be lots of fun.  also, I didn't really get to talk to Abbey and Hailey all that much.  sorry.  It was kind of hard skyping on just a little phone.  but, just know that I got both of your letters and you will get the responses soon.  You too, Syd, my bad.

This week was good.  It was kind of a really long week.  Really good and really stressful.  We started Monday and Tuesday in Ribeirao Preto for the Leadership (Jedi) counsel.  It went really well.  Presidente Brum talked a lot about sanctification and the importance of the Spirit in our work.  then we took it all back and taught the same thing to the zone in zone meeting on Wednesday morning.  and the pancakes were a smashing hit.  I even was the loving zone leader who put out my brand new peanut butter sent by my fantastic and best mom in the world.  Let's just say there's not very much left. haha.  But it all went really good.  I got both of your packages and a BUNCH of letters.  The secretaries even took pictures when they gave it to me because I had 23 letters (including 20 from the same person because I turned 20! Thanks :)  and 2 packages waiting for me.  Happy Birthday to me.

We then had to set up and organize for interveiws with President on Friday.  It was crazy.  Ha.  When we were coming back from Ribeirao, the keys must have fallen out of my pocket.  So, we planned the zone meeting from the pizzeria across the street from our house as we waited for the other elders to get home Tuesday night.  We then had to run all over to get a key to the Church for interviews.  But it was all good in the end.  Interviews went really well.

Ana and Anne are still doing really well and were at Church yesterday.  They are preparing well to be baptized on the 30th.  They are reading and Ana is trying to quit smoking.  they will be awesome.  We are also teaching a lot of new people and new families.  We have a lesson tonight with a family that could be really cool.  Their 4 year old son doesn't like loud noises, and they are baptists.  Well, any Church like that here, the pastor yells and they yell/pray and it's just super loud,  Well, the kid does not like that and so they haven't gone for a little bit and are looking for a Church to go to.  Well, I think the Lord has placed that in the kid for them to go to the True Church where there is Reverence and principles of God.  It should be good.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

P.S. Dad, you may think I was kidding about those Dodger tickets....I wasn't.



The letters and caixas!!!!!!


We visited this family in Elder Jake's old area while we were in Ribeirao.  He gave us corn tea.  It's not like tea there.  Any kind of drink they call tea here.  Well, corn tea is strangely, weirdly good.  You just take the water left over after boiling corn on the cob, add sugar, and drink it!

No comments:

Post a Comment