Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Bus contacts

June 15, 2015

So this week, I did something I've never done before and it almost scared me enough to pee my pants.  I've done a lot of contacts on the bus, but never a full bus contact.  That's where you go up in the front and talk to everyone and show them the Book of Mormon and all that jazz.  It was scary.  It's not so bad once you get up there, but just trying to get yourself to stand up and go do it is crazy.  But, like the scriptures say, we can't be ruled by fear.  I don't know if anyone really got much out of my bus contact, but I know that I did.

This week has been kind of uneventful.  It was good, just the normal work.  We've been looking to work a lot with less actives and recent converts.  We have a few recent converts that have been going thorugh a lot of struggles and we are working to help them.  A couple of them have kids that have gotten into drugs and such, and it is affecting them a lot.  One didn't come to Church for the last two weeks and finally came yesterday.  After the first class, she came up to me and asked me if I would find her a ride home.  so, I asked her why and she said she was feeling sad because of her son and didn't want to talk to anyone.  Well, knowing that the only thing that can make her truly happy is the Church and the Gospel, I gave her a little tough love and said no.  Ha.  I felt so mean, but at the same time did not want her to go home.  so, she ended up talking to the Bishop and staying.  We went by yesterday night and she was a little happier.  Sometimes, it's not what people want to hear, but we have to help them receive the blessings of the Gospel.

We also had a couple new less actives come to Church.  One is very well known and hasn't been less active very long.  He knows the Church is true, he just struggles with a commandment.  He's now living with his girlfriend, but he knows it's not right.  We talked to him a lot about repentance, and he has embraced it well.  He's a really cool guy and knows what's right, just had a little bit of fear to actually do it because he knows it will be hard.

Things are going really well here and it's just a party.  Elder Jake goes home in two weeks and it's kind of crazy to be killing another missionary.  I just want to destroy this last transfer and give it everything I've got and leave no regrets.  I'm super excited.

You know what is just absolutely blowing my mind right now?????  I get on and have an email...and guess who's home.  The Womacks.  WHAT?  How in the world?  It's just gone by way too fast.....

I love you all and hope you all have fantastic weeks!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment