Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What a week!!

November 24, 2014

Well, this week was crazy.  Lots of ups and downs.  This week was actually really hard.  It ended well, kind of.

Ha.  This week we just had a lot fall through and people bail out on us.  But it's actually been good.  We've been working A LOT with less actives and recent converts.  We had an official "RESGATE" (rescue) this week with a less active.  Vera.  She had already been through the temple but her husband doesn't like the Church very much and she gave up for awhile.  Her whole family is members and her and her sister went less active.  Her dad was actually one of the first ones baptized in Aracatuba.  She was just waiting for us to invite her.  She was visited by us and the visiting teachers and BOOM.  She's back.

Yuichi also came to Church and we put him on date for December 6th.  He's super smart, and yes, he's also Asian.  There's a lot in Aracatuba.  He understands everything and reads and prays and goes to Church.  It seems like now it's just a mater of baptize him.  Ha.

I love you all.  Just thought I'd let you know that!  And be careful with guns.  I was really sad to hear about that story, but remember that she is in a better place than us and her family will all be together one day.  We've had a member for some weird reason crazy about dying kids and how we need to pray for them lately.  But, I reminded him that they are basically received straight into the Celestial Kingdom, so we really shouldn't be all that sad for them.  We ought to pray for their families to live worthily of being with them again.  I love you all and pray for your safety every day.  I'm so thankful that we were able to be born into a sealed family.  Every time we see a picture of the Manti temple, I make sure I tell everyone that that's where my parents got sealed.

So I also have decided what college to go to.  I've been praying real real hard lately between BYU and Utah State.  I've just felt the need lately that I need to choose, then John Garrett sent me an email a couple weeks ago saying that he had to decide, and we talked about rooming for awhile.  So I made a list of the pros and cons of each and prayed and prayed and prayed.  And I didn't feel like I received an answer.  Then one night, I was praying and I had the feeling "go to the Guarda Roupa. (I don't remember the word in English) and I had the feeling to grab my Spanish Book of Mormon and read a random verse.  I don't remember what verse it was or what it said, I just remember it was somewhere in Ala and I just had the feeling or thought "who will teach you Spanish?  John boy Garrett."  and now, I just feel really good saying I'm going to Utah State.  So, let's go.

I know the Lord answers our prayers.  In His own time, in His own way.  He answers.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!

Com amor, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment