Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It's practically here!

December 22, 2014

Tomorrow isn't Christmas, but it's still practically here!

And no, the package hasn't arrived.  I'm on the other side of the mission and it didn't arrive before the Christmas conference so I probably won't get it for a little while.  BUT, Irmao Anor and his sister gave each of us a present.  so that'll be fun. ha.

So, I'll probably be calling around 2 or 3 in the afternoon Utah time.  We won't be calling until about 6 or 7 here.  I don't remember if it's a 3 or 4 hour difference.  I thought it was just 3, but all of the world clock's that I see say 4.  So I think it's 4.  If anything changes, I'll let you know.

This week was good.  and really hard.  I'm dealing with a lot of stress as a District leader.  Each companionship has something that I have to take care of.  ha.  It's pretty crazy.  but it's awesome.  I really like it actually.  It helps me to try and forget about myself and go to work.

I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting yesterday.  I spoke about "HE is The Gift" and it was awesome.  I had a talk planned and I had a feeling to just leave it in my pocket and speak from the heart.  I talked a lot about the sacrifices that people made to bring the Savior into the world, and then the gifts that He left us.  how He is the Gift that keeps on Giving.  how he gave us gifts His entire life.  His example, His Gospel, His teachings, and most importantly, His Atonement.  He suffered for every single one of us.  Sometimes, I really don't know how He did it.  but I know He did.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World.

This week was really hard.  We are teaching two families that have been doing well, and it came crashing down on Sunday.  As you know, my dream is to baptize a family.  If I do nothing else, I just want to find a family.  I pray that the Lord will lead us to a family this week that can be baptized.

But, overall it's all good.  I'm super excited for Christmas with Irmao Anor.  I'll probably cry when I see you all.  We had a young man in our ward get his mission call on Saturday to Porto Alegre.  And I told him to hug his mom every chance he gets.  And when I said it I just cried.  ha.  I love you guys so much.  I'm so thankful that families can be together forever.

Have an awesome Christmas.  Remember what it's really about.

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment