Tuesday, January 6, 2015

ALMOST!!

December 1, 2014

Well, I got on the computer ready to just ell you all my problems and lament for this week, but then I got an email from my big brother telling me that I should do the opposite.  Thanks Trev!

To wrap it up, we almost had a baptism in a big baptismal service Sunday.  4 other people were baptized.  On Friday night, we had visited Matilde and confirmed everything, but Saturday night and Sunday, she disappeared.  We called and called and called but to no avail, passed by their house, and they weren't there.  But, hopefully in these coming weeks everything goes well and she gets baptized.

The Assistants were here this week and they stayed at our house.  good thing it was CLEAN!  Ha.  I know both of the assistants really well so it was actually super fun.  They stayed two nights and did splits with some of the Elders here.  One of them is Elder Madrid.  Basically the best missionary I've every lived with.  I lived with him and he was my zone leader for 1 transfer in Vila Virginia.  It was awesome to talk to him again.  I haven't seen a lot of missionaries for a long time.  ha.  Aracatuba is that Zone that basically is another mission.  I didn't know that we had 2 other assistants until this week...and they've been there for over a month.  HAHA.  Welcome to zona Aracatuba!

But this week was good.  We're working a lot with Yuichi.  He's a 19 year old and his mom is an active member that was baptized about 2 years ago.  She just now started going to our ward and Yuichi has a marked date to be baptized this week!! So, pray that everything goes well because I am really needing a baptism right about now.  He's super smart and understand literally everything.  He read, pray, and goes to Church.  He'll get baptized.

We also had interviews with President this week.  It was REALLY good.  He talked to me about how he's proud o the work that we have done here in Boa Vista.  And how it's not easy.  How a mission is not meant to be easy.  He talked to me about how my mission is probably meant to be my time to prove to the Lord that I can endure to the end.  There's nothing easy about it, but the blessings of the gospel come when we live them.

I was studying in the end of Alma this week, and it was awesome.  The story of the 2,000 stripling warriors if my favorite.  The wars and everything at the end of Alma are always super interesting.  The leaders of the Nephites sometimes do things that don't make a whole lot of sense, but it's what the Lord told them to do, and it works PERFECTLY.  We need to have that kind of faith to just do what He says.  They lived and survived and thrived.

Abbey, I got your letter this week and I'm sending the response today.  Ha.  I hope you got my other one.  I had three letters come back that I sent about 3 months ago.  One to Kate Simpson, Madi Mouritsen, and Trevor.  so, to those 3, sorry that they didn't get to you.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

PS  Thanks for the email this week.....ha!
Just kidding.  I know you're probably busy, so I still love you.  Oh yeah, and next week is transfers, and everyone is about 99 percent sure that I'm getting transferred because I have easily the most time in this ward...so if I email late or on Tuesday, don't think I died.  I might have died, but probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment