Monday, March 16, 2015

Cachorro Quente and people going to Church.

February 9, 2015

Well hey there kids.  This week was real good.  AND no one got kidnapped.  At least that I know of.  If someone is missing, well, they aren't rich like the other dude last week.

This week was AWESOME actually!  We saw a lot of success.  Things have continued to just keep going up and up.

First was Jiani and Erico.  They are 2 investigators that we found about 2 weeks ago.  Erico is Jiani's Uncle, but they are both 19.  They are from Bahia, Brasil.  Ha.  And they are awesome.  We started teaching them and they have just eaten everything up.  they live a life very different.  Well, they live the life of Brasilians that live in a poor area.  Everything is kind of just a party.  Last week, Jiani had to work on Sunday.  but this week, she didn't.  And even though they live a ways from the Church, THEY WALKED.  It was so awesome.  and the branch received them very well.  They have a date for baptism, but we hae to talk to her about her work.  As of now, it would be less than once a month that she could go, so, we're gonna pray for a miracle and teach her better the Sabbath day and she will continue to progress.  They also went to an activity that the Branch had on Friday.  Noite do Cachorro Quente (Hot Dog Night).  It was awesome.  And real good.  We have a couple recent converts here that are about that age, and they were awesome with them.  They even texted them all Saturday to make sure they would be at Church on Sunday.  I love people.


RAINBOW.  I love rain.  It's been so nice lately.


An investigator/member not baptized from the other area, gave us shoes this week.  I totes wore them with my black suit.  HAHA!


I went on divisions this week with the Zone Leaders.  This is Elder Yaple from Sacramento, CA.


The CREW.  (Elder Inacio e Elder Echard from Atlanta)


the CREW of Americo Brasiliense.  Elder Magalhaes (Maceio, Brasil)  Jackson, Inacio, Condemarin (Lima, Peru)


Yep.  My area has Waffles and Ice Cream.  this is a one of a kind here and makes me SUPER trunky.  Haha!!


We also started teaching Wanderson Silva this week.  Not Anderson Silva, the Brasilian UFC fighter, Wanderson Silva.  With a W.  He's a member's cousin.  He moved here from Bahia about 2 months ago.  We were at his cousin's house to teach Adriano, the youngest member of the other family.  And at the end of the lesson, he showed up.  So we sat him down and taught him, too.  He accepted really well.  He's Catholic, so he resisted a little.  But prayed and read and had a pretty solid answer in a dream.  He went to Church and accepted a date to be baptized on March 1st.  So, we will continue praying and fasting so that he can make this covenant on that day.

We've seen a lot of miracles this week.  It's been a great week.  And it even hasn't been too hot.  It's been so nice.  The problem, I will DIE when I get home.  haha !  I felt cold at 18-20 degrees Celcius this week.  that's like 60-70!  Haha!  and I was super cold.  I guess you can say I've adjusted to heat.  It's been 1 year and a half since I've had REAL cold.

Well, I love you all!!  Tell Lauren congrats on the engagement!  That's so weird that the cousins my age can get married now.  I feel like we should all still be in Junior High.  haha!

The Church is True.  don't ever forget that.

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment