Monday, March 16, 2015

ZONA ARARAQUARA. BOW DOWN TO YOUR LEADER

March 1, 2015

So here's the huge news.  We had transfers this week.  I just barely got to Americo Brasiliense, So I thought I would pass and just get a new companion.  Well,

I'm now a Zone Leader.  I was transferred.  Not very far away.  I was already in the Araraquara zone.  One of the ZL's went home and I got the call and I am now here in Araraquara.  It was pretty crazy.  A lot of people had said I would be, but I didn't think that President would whitewash our area.  Well, he didn't.  He just closed it.  Americo returned to only having one companionship.  My new companion is Elder yaple from Sacramento, CA.  I did a division with him and sent a picture the other week.  Sadly, in all the moves recently, I lost my camera cord.  So, I've gotta find me one of them.  I know they have one here, I just gotta find it.  ha.  It's pretty crazy.  I didn't think I would be a zone leader.  I live here with Elder Archiprette form Buenos Aires, Argentina.  The other is Elder Ananaias from Bahia, Brasil.

Oh, I forgot to tell you.  Elder Yaple will be the first companion to die with me.  He goes home at the end of this transfer, in the middle of April.  He'll be the first.  Ha.  That'll be weird.  I've never spent so little time with consecutive companions.  It's weird.  3 weeks, 6 weeks, and this one can only be 6 at the most.

It was hard to leave Americo.  I've only been there 6 weeks, but I loved it.  That branch is awesome.  They are all excited about the Gospel and all willing to participate in everything.  A member showed us a video of their activity that they did.  It was a dance presentation.  It was SWEET.  I just thought, "man, I don't think that would happen in Kaysville.  Everyone would try to be 'too cool'."  But, I guess not.  We'd do it and it would be cool.  But it was super cool here.  The youth in Americo are awesome and willing to all work with the missionaries.

And Jane went to Church Sunday!!  Sadly, we won't be teaching her anymore.  but the other Elders will be and hopefully we get word here in the next couple weeks of her baptism.  she has said a lot in the last lessons that she really wants to and feels that she needs to.

So, now I'm here in Araraquara!  It's super weird and I'm still in shock from the change.  My heart is beating like a million miles per hour since Friday night when we got the transfer call.  This transfer will be CRAZY.  but, I'm excited.

I love you all and hope you know that I know this Church is true.  It is in our weakest moments that The Lord shows us how much he truly loves us, but we must also seek Him in our strongest moments.  He must be at the center of all we do and all that we are.  If we center and build our lives around Christ, we cannot fail. (Helaman 5;12)

I love you all.
Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment