Monday, March 16, 2015

Charity if the pure love of Christ

February 23, 2015

Well hey there kids!

This week has been super interesting.  It was really hard, but good.  We had some good lessons early this week.

Jane is doing really good.  Ha.  I said Jiani a couple weeks ago.  But it's not spelled like that.  In fact, her name is Genicleia.  But she thinks it's ugly and gets called Jane.  (pronounced Jaw-knee).  So like I said the other week, she had lived a life very different from the standards of the Church.  We taught her the word of wisdom this week, and the only problem she had was coffee.  But, ti's Brasil!  when you tell someone no coffee, you better have a REALLY good reason.  It's sacred.  So, at first she didn't think there was any way.  So, we challenged her to go at least one day without it.  I had my doubts.  But, we returned the next day...AND SHE DID IT!  It was sooo cool.  shame on me for doubting.  Ha.  but then, she didn't go to Church and wasn't home last night.  So, we still don't know what happened.  We'll go there tonight and see.

We also got a cool referral from a member.  Sadly, it was the area of the other Elders, but we taught him.  The member, Amarildo, went to a lesson and wanted to take us to his friend after.  So he did.  the other Elders taught him and his wife last night and said it went really well.  so that was cool.

That was about it for this week.  It's been real slow here in Americo.  ha.  Nothing very interesting happens here in this city.  Everyone just kinda does the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over every day after day after day after day after day after day.  ha!

But I also started a cool study this week.  I decided to start reading the Book of Mormon and identifying and applying the Christlike attributes, one at t time.  I started today with Charity and Love.  It was a really cool study and I'm really excited because I'm going through a little test on that with some Elder in the house.  Haha!

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment