Monday, October 27, 2014

Well, what a week.

October 20, 2014

Wow.  This week was very different.  And really hard.  And really good.

First, it hit 111 degrees this week and every day was 105 or more.  Yeah.  The heat just makes everything really hard because everyone is tired and a little bit grumpy.  Ha.  I can't believe hot hot it is.  It really feels like I am walking in an oven.  I stopped using my glasses because they get so hot that they feel like they're burning my face!

Second, actually, this is the bigger one, but yeah.  Elder Digiorgio found out last Monday that his Dad passed away.  He wasn't very close to his dad and his dad left when he was 12, but they had recently been getting closer.  On Monday, I don't think it really set in, but starting Tuesday, it seemed lik reality hit.  It has been hard because many times he just doesn't want to do anything.  I am trying to help him but it's really hard.  I really don't know what I would do if one of my parents passed away on a mission.  I really don't ever want to have to know what I would do.  So please, be careful.  I love you guys and pray for you every day.  Pray for Elder Digiorgio and his family at this time.  He needs it.

I'm so happy to see all your adventures of the temple!!!!!!  Holy cow I love the temple.  I miss it so much.  Enjoy it and take advantage of it.  I want to live in Utah my whole life.  When I get home, it'll be probably 17 in Utah, right?  I think 14 are dedicated right now, or 15.  I don't know, but I want to go to them.  All.

But our area is doing well!!!  I don't know if I told you, but when i got here, this are had only baptized one in the last year, and the other area in Boa Vista had gone over a year without a baptism.  Well, We've baptized 4 together and we each have baptisms this week.  Yeah.  Jaqueline is doing GREAT! She is so legit.  She is not trying to help her family join and everything too.  She wants me to baptize her on Thursday,  because she'll be in Sao Paulo Friday and Saturday, and we have transfer on Monday.  And it's all but certain that one of us is leaving.

But things are going well.
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So here are the top 2 compliments I am getting lately.
1.  Nossa Elder.  Voce esta emeagrecendo ne?
     (wow Elder, you're getting skinny eh?)
and
2.  aquele elder com o cabelo bonito
(that missionary with the nice hair)
It's kind of weird that one, but I've had quite a few people say I keep my hair really nice and well kept.  That's what's up!

I'm so hot!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!
Apparently you need to cheer louder there in Provo!

And cheer for the ROYALS!  Those stinky Giants can NOT win another world series.  Especially when the Dodgers were supposed to win it.

I love you all,
Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment