Monday, October 27, 2014

His Grace is Sufficient

September 29, 2014

This week was pretty cool.  I had a pretty cool opportunity this week to baptized someone who served a mission.  He made some mistakes in his life, and suffered because of the mistakes of others as well.  But he found his way back and is still fighting.  He passed his interviews after a long time with the Stake President.  He's been working on this for a long time.  And he asked me to baptize him.  It was really cool.

I also found out today that one of my companions from Arizona got sent home for disobedience.  yep.

Don't do dumb things.

And mom, don't even worry about the shade.  It's finally started to rain here.  It rained I think 3 days this week.  and it RAINED!  We were soaked.  It was funny There are actually quite a few churches here that do proselyting.  but the only ones that still go out in the rain and lightning to preach the gospel are the dang Mormons.  It's what we do!

This week was pretty good.  We had quite a few lessons and new people at church.  remember when I told you about Marcio?  We passed by on Saturday and we were only able to talk to him at the door because his wife and baby were sleeping.  But he said that they were already planning to go to Church.  So, we passed Sunday morning to walk with them but his wife was sick.  So he wasn't going to go.  But then we convinced him to go.  and he went.  He told us about how he got an answer that the book of Mormon is true.  And he loves it.  LEGIT>  He had trouble even picking up a Bible before, so it's pretty cool.

Sunday was a pretty big miracle.  At first, Marcio wasn't there, and the other investigators weren't either.  So I was pretty bummed.  But then a reent convert brought her son.  and Marcio showed up.  AND DANIELLE'S MOM CAME.  That's like Heck freezing over.  For reals.  That was a miracle.

Things are going pretty well here on the south side.  Even with the rain, ti's super hot.  So enjoy the cooler weather.  People are so surprised when I say we have snow for about 4 months there.  Ha.

I love you all!!!!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor


So, just take a good long look at these pictures here.  Like, a good one.  I've had so many members say I look skinny this week!



When I first got here to Brazil, 5 months ago.  CHUNKER!




This last week.  YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment