Monday, February 2, 2015

The Miracle of January

January 12, 2015

So, here's the story of the week.

The last couple weeks, we have done a fast each week to be able to baptize one more this transfer, here's what happened.

Monday, January 6, 2015.  P-day was normal.  We started working.  At about 7:15, we got a call from the Stake President.  He said "Elders, I have someone for you that wants to be baptized this Sunday."  We just were like, um....WHAT?  He continued to tell us that he had received a call from the Bishop's oldest son, Heleno, wanted to do a surprise for his dad this Sunday and not tell him until Sunday.  So, he gave us his number and we called him and set up a lesson for the next day.  He doesn't live in this city.  He lives in a small city about an hour away that doesn't have the Church.  so, he is part of our ward as the Bishop's son.  We taught him and didn't even have to invite him to baptism because he had already chosen the day and everything.  He hadn't wanted to get baptized in the past because he just knew that he still liked to go drinking with friends, but finally decided that he wanted to change that.  We taught him a couple days later and had his interview.  We taught him the first 4 lessons in 2 lessons with him.

On Sunday, when the Elders Quorum started, Bishop went with the Young Men like normal, so we took Heleno to get changed into baptismal clothes.  We had some one call Bishop back into the quorum, and we entered behind him and told him that we had a surprise.  In walked his son in white, holding another baptismal suit and gave it to his dad and asked him to baptize him.  They just hugged and cried and it was awesome!  The baptism happened immediately after and it was loaded.  EVERYONE stayed for this baptism.  It was awesome!

During the meeting.  I kind of caught a glimpse of the future.  One of our young men was ordained a Teacher by his dad, and during the prayer, I closed my eyes and saw a little of the future.  Me ordaining my ow son.  It was awesome.  I can't wait to have my own family and love them and take care of them like my dad has.  I have the best Dad in the world.  He is my hero and my example.

I also had a cool experience during sacrament meeting.  There were 79 people in Sacrament.  When I got here, the average per week was 46.  I looked out at the congregation and just felt that I had done what the Lord needed of me in this area.  We get transfer calls this Friday and I don't think I'll stay here.  it would be my sixth transfer here.  So, it could happen, but I don't think so.

This week was awesome.  IF FINALLY GOT YOUR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR'S PACKAGE.  Along with 9 letters.  It was AWESOME!  I love the new shorts and BYU shirt.  AND THE NIKE SOCKS.  I LOVE NIKE SOCKS.  It was the best.

I love you all and hope you all are happy.  PRAY FOR PARIS.  Everyone here is talking about what has been happening there.  A member even showed us a video of one of the police men being killed.  It was awful.

The Church is true, the book is blue.  Love you all.

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor


Bishop Goncalves, Heleno, and Manilza Goncalves (Bishop's wife).


The miracle baptism of Heleno Goncalves, the Bishop's son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment