Monday, September 1, 2014

WOW. The LORD works MIRACLES!!

August 18, 2014

Holy cow.  What a week!!

I really can't tell you how great this week was.  We had a lot of success and we are seeing a lot of progress not just with our investigators, but with this ward, too.  Normally the attendance is around 4-45.  The last three weeks (before this one) have been 51, 52, 51, and this week.......55!  It was incredible.  We had the privilege of bringing SEVEN investigators to Church.  That's the most I've ever had on my mission.

I've felt the Spirit a lot more this week.  That's been a huge blessing.  I've been able to look back and see a huge change i myself.  Even though I still have man childish moments, I'm not a child any more.

We had the privilege of meeting a special lady this week.  ELECT.  Holy cow.  We walked by her in the street, stopped and said hi, and she poured out her life story.  She's a little crazy.  And a little awesome at the same time.  When we set an appointment, I just thought, "great, another crazy."  But, my companion was quick to correct me and keep going.  We taught her and she accepted a baptismal date and everything.  Then she did something that only elects do.  SHE WENT TO CHURCH AS A NEW INVESTIGATOR.  Yeah.  And we showed up to her house for a second lesson and the first thing she said was, "I will get baptized day 30."  Yeah.  Elect.  Her husband is usually drunk and she has a pretty rough life, but she in one of the most humble people I've met.  She calls us her little angels of Jesus.  Wow.  for reals though, what an honor.

We also had the privilege to start teaching Jaqueline.  She was invited by a friend and has already been to Church 3 times.  The only problem, she went to the other ward in our building.  HA.  but she's incredible too.

We also are teaching Lucas and Laissa.  They are a couple that they are both 19 years old and have a child that's 1.5.  And he's HUGE.  HA!  Arthur.  I love them.  They went to Church, but they didn't just do that, LUCAS INVITED HIS MOM!  We didn't even say anything, and he invited her.  And she went and loved it!

What a week.  Week of miracles and blessings.  Aline is solid and Luana, her daughter, will get baptized when she turns 8 next month.

Holy cow.  What a blessing it is to be serving here right now.

I love you all.

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment