Monday, September 1, 2014

I wonder if this is really how it feels to have children.....

August 11, 2014

Bom Dia!

Holy cow what a week!  I can't lie, it's been a long one.

Last Sunday I went to Ribeirao to pick up my verdinho (greenie, which verdinho also means booger,  HA).   And it was a long trip.  When we went and emailed on Monday, I plugged my device in with my memory card and sent some pictures.  Well, in the rush of things, I forgot to remove it.  We returned to the LAN HOUSE later, but someone already took it.  Yeah for honest people right?  So, the pictures that I have of the last 11 months are the ones that I have sent home.  Sad day!  But, it's all good.  Sadly, I haven't yet bought another memory card, so I don't have any pictures to send of my filho.  The next day, I was still in Ribeirao, and guess what happened, somewhere between the assistant's house and the mission home, the pants to my suit fell, and we never did end up finding them.  So, there's that.  It was quite the trip.

but now I have my son, and.........

He's Brazilian!!  His name is Elder Digiorgio from Rio Grande Do Sul, Brazil.  It's in the South of Brasil.  And the people from the south are white.  So we get asked a lot if we're both Americans.  He served a mini mission before in the Florianopolis misison, so he already knows a little bit of what's going on.  But now he gets to learn a lot of bit what's going on.  This week was good.

But it's really hard training.  I tell you what.  I don't know that I really know what I'm doing.  HA  But it's all good.  I know the Lord will help with everything.

This week was pretty crazy.  Because of transfers and everything, we didn't get to our area until Wednesday night.  President didn't want us to travel all night again, so we didn't leave Ribeirao until Wednesday morning.  And then the 7 hour bus ride.  YAY.  But our first lesson was a good one.  Our investigator's name is Batista.  Which means Baptist.  He is the husband of an actvie member.  This is not the first time that I have been in this situation, but it is the first as the senior companion.  The lesson went really well.  And we have another with him tonight.  When one member heard that we taught him, she said "Wow.  Could it be that it will be you two that finally make this miracle happen?"  I know it's not me that makes miracles happen, ti's our Heavenly Fatjer.  But, we are fasting and praying and working to be worthy of this miracle.  They've been married nine years, and it's time for them to be an eternal family, not just a family.

This week was quite the week.

It only goes up from here.

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor
PS  Dad has to sen pictures.  Holy trip of a life time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment