Monday, September 1, 2014

I'm having a baby!

August 4, 2014

Good MOrning from Ribeirao Preto!! Yep!  I'm back in Ribeirao.  but just for today and tomorrow.  and I'm really tired because I was on a bus all night long.  Whoo!!

Why am I in Ribeirao?  Because apparently I was pregnant.  Yep.  I'm having a filho (son).  I have been called to be a trainer.  For those who don't know, a trainer gets a brand new companion, fresh out of the MTC, and teaches him the ways of a misisonary.  It's a lot of pressure and I'm kind of freaking out.  I still don't know what language he speaks.  Because if he's not Brazilian, we might have some trouble understanding our investigators.

Elder J. Fernandez was transferred.  I will still be in Boa Vista -B with my filho.  I really can't wait.  As nervous as I am, I am also super excited.  A trainer has a big influence on your mission.  At least in the beginning.  That means it's my opportunity to teach by example.  Which is the best way to teach.  Really, it's the only way to teach, because actions speak louder than words.

Pray for me.

And all the other missionaries.

Thanks.

AND GUESS WHAT?????????WE BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aline got baptized on Thursday.  It was incredible.  We ran into some trouble last week, but it was decided to go forward with the interview and everything was good to go.  We visited her EVERY DAY and made sure she was good to go.  It has been incredible to see the change in her.  Thursday she had a final interview, and all was good.  Except that her mom got really anxious and started to kind of dis on the missionaries.  I think someone said something not true to her.  People.  But sadly, it was bad enough that the mom didn't come to the baptism.  but she's ok now.  We talked to her after Church on Sunday.  but, the baptism was awesome.  Saturday morning, she asked me to baptize her.  It was so cool.  It's the first time in my life I have had the opportunity to baptize someone.  And I hope ti won't be the last.  Here on the mission it's ok if I don't because it's awesome when members do, but when I get home.......#membermissionarywork.
She got confirmed on Sunday and all that jazz.  Her daughter, Luana, will get baptized when she turns 8 in September.

And this transfer is gonna be great.  We've got some good stuff set up.  We decided to finally visit and talk to a husband of a member.  They've been married 9 years but he's never really been taught by missionaries.  We were at their house for lunch and he asked what the Book of Mormon is.  so we explained a little and marked a return.  He's had a couple missionaries visit but it's never really gone right.  But this time it will.  They need to be a family forever.

I love you all.  Thank you for all you do.
PS  I went to the mission home this morning and guess what!!!  Your package arrived!!!!!!!  Whoo.  I will open it tonight.  There were also two letters.  One from Mom and one from Dad.  My parents are the best.  I love them.  I'm sorry I don't write you as often.  It's a lot harder to find time to write on p-day than it was in Arizona.   But I still love you!

Have a great week!!

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor



Us with Aline and Luana.  She turns 8 in September and will also get baptized!!



Batismo de Aline!!! It was the first time in my life I have 
had the opportunity to actually baptize someone. 
 It was incredible!!

 

Me and Aline!!  Saturday morning she asked if I would baptize her!



This is my sexy face.  On a "motorcycle" that a member made.
He's 6 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment