Monday, April 7, 2014

HAPPY FLIGHT!!!!! HAPPY FLIGHT!!!!!

April 7, 2014

I can't believe it's actually here.  I'm leaving.  I honestly can't believe it.  It still didn't feel real, until I got a call from President Toone this morning.  He was just giving me some details on how to get to the mission home tomorrow...but at the end he was just laughing and said he was gonna miss me and my happy attitude.  I make him smile every time I talk to him.  I'm sure he says that to everyone, but it was still nice to hear.

This week has been AWESOME!!

DID YOU ALL WATCH CONFERENCE!?!?!?!?  #Spiritbomb #LDSConf

It was incredible.  We watched it at the Stake Center here.  Man.  Dallin H. Oaks.  I love him.  He laid it down.  Along with Neil L. Andersen and Russell M. Nelson.  It seems like Conference just gets better and better every time.

What were some of your favorite talks?

One of my favorites was from Henry B. Eyring in the Priesthood Session where he talked about heroes.  So, here are some of my heroes and why:

Dad:  I have watched you all my life accept callings and challenges with a smile.  You have been an incredible example to me of dedicated love and service.  You have also been a great example of priorities.  I cannot ever express enough how thankful I am for a dad that came to every single game of my senior season.  Even though I only played a total of 2 innings all year, you were at every game.  I'm sure at times it didn't feel like the best thing for you time, but I really can't tell you enough how much it means to me.

Mom:  I love you.  You get my first hug when I return.  I see pictures of missionaries hugging their moms and it makes me cry.  I love you, Mom.  You have also been an incredible example of pure, Christlike love.  You've faced a lot of trials but you continue to stay happy and positive.  I love you.

Jesse Wade - I have always been slightly disappointed when an LDS athlete forgoes a mission to play.  It makes me smile every time when I see something that says "he will play for Gonzaga for 4 years AFTER serving a 2-year mission."  Thank you for being an example to the world of putting a mission at the top of the priorities.  The experiences you have can never be replaced.

There are may more, but those are some that I thought of as he spoke.

I am so sad to leave Casa Grande.  We visited some families last night and it was tough to say goodbye.  We have a part member family bringing us donuts today. :)  They are awesome.  The wife last night looked at me and said that I have been an incredible influence on him.  He has advanced more than with anyone else.  I can't wait til he gets baptized and I told them I will come to their sealing.
Sasha and Emilio also called this morning.  They asked what we were doing tonight and wanted us over before I leave.  They don't have much money but they want to have us for dinner and give me my favorite American candy before I leave.  I love them.  They are getting baptized on the 26th.  I'm sad I will miss it, but I am so happy for them.

Well, I guess that's all from Arizona.  Tomorrow I get on a plane and lave to a whole new experience.

HERE. WE. GO.

Love, Elder Scott Jackson Taylor

I also forgot to mention John Boy Garrett.  He's my Hero too.  #UtahSTATE



Sasha and Emilio's cat had kittens so we put them in our pockets!



I forgot to mention this in my other email.  We got a call Tuesday night from President asking if we would go to the Gilbert Temple!  All missionaries leaving (including visa waiters) and their companions got to go do a session!  It was awesome!



A member took us out to eat for one of my final American meals.  
Good thing we chose  Mexican restaurant right? 



Yeah I forgot to tell you about this too.  the knife slipped on Friday night and I now have a stab wound in my palm. It isn't very wide, but as you can see, there was a lot of blood.  It got every where.  The blade went lik 1/2 inch into my palm.  It hurt!






That is beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment