Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Keep Moving Forward!!

August 3, 2015

Well, my family and friends.  Here it is.  I still can't believe it's here.  But the dream is ending.  today is my last P-day as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It has been a crazy tow years.  Technically, it's actually only been 23 months.  due to transfers and visas, it won't be a full tow years but, it's been an incredible two years.  I have had the chance this week to reflect on a lot of what I have learned, and more importantly become during this time.  I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me this time to really become a man.  And to truly gain a testimony and help other people.  I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is the greatest blessing that our Father in Heaven could have ever given us.  I am so thankful for that.  The chance to repent, learn, change, and move forward.  I love this work.  It is the work of God.

This week was awesome.  It was very different.  I had the chance to go on divisions with a couple new missionaries.  The purpose of the division was to see how they are and teach them a little bit of what I have learned in the last two years.  I think I learned more than taught though.  The first division was with Elder Serra.  He is from Fortaleza, Ceara, Brasil.  He is one of my favorite missionaries that I've met.  He has an incredible story of how he came back to Church, gained a testimony, and is serving a mission.  It's incredible when you can truly see the Light of Christ in someone's eyes and feel it eminating from them.  I don't know if he learned a whole lot form me, but I hope so.  I learned a lot from him.  The second was with Elder Sardan , from Espirito Santo, Brasil/Cochabamba, Bolivia.  That division was also really good.  I had the chance to just sit down with him at the end and talk for awhile.  His humility and willingness to learn just made me happy.  They are two missionaries that have great potential and I'm grateful to have been able to help them.

church in Araraquara for the last time was super bittersweet.  I think that is the only word that describes the end of a mission.  The happiness to continue on and see my family and start life again.  And the sadness to leave behind not just two years, but a people, a culture, and a new family.  I bore my testimony of when I finally felt the truthfulness of the Gospel.  And how I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.  It just simply is.  A lot of people came and thanked me for the work I've done.  

But the moment that sticks with me is when the Stake Patriarch came up to me after, looked in my eyes, and said, "Parabens Elder.  Missao cumprido. Voce serviu uma boa missao."   (Parabens Elder.  Mission accomplished.  You have served a good mission )
It was super simple.  Something that anyone could have said, but I felt it.  I feel that I have done what the Lord needed me to do.  My favorite hymn is "Come, Com, ye Saints."  I love this verse:
Encontramos um lar.
Hoje, libertos do pesar e dor.
Vamos todos cantar.
Partindo de nosso coracao
Bem also e com resolucao.
O nosso glorioso refrao
Tudo bem! Tudo bem!

Family and friends.  Simply.  I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ.  I know it.  I feel it.  I just simply know it.  I love it.  I just can't say it enough.  I feel it in my heart.  I am so thankful for it.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  He is the Savior of the World.  He loves us.  He died for us.  And He lives for us today.  this is His Church.  He didn't have to give us all of this, but He did.  I love Him.  I can't wait to see Him again.  I know that htis is the work of God.  I LOVE MY FAMILY!  I can't describe how much I love them.  It's been 3 years and * months since we were all together.  I love them.  I am so happy that we can and WILL be together forever.

Well, here it goes.  I love you all.
No matter what, Just Keep Moving Forward

Love, Elder Scott JACKSON Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment